GIS and Remote sensing (RS) are cutting-edge technologies which provide and bring analytical and problem-solving tools to our desktops. GIS is a computer-based system that allows analysts to visualize data from several different perspectives in order to see patterns, trends and relationships in a given subject area. These patterns are most often presented on maps but can also be presented in reports and charts. Remote sensing is one of the most prominent sources of data for GIS analysis. It refers to the acquisition of spatial information by use of remote technology such as space satellites. This training shall particularly explore the following:
- An introduction to GIS and RS
- Areas of GIS and RS applications and benefits
- Data capturing using Global positioning system (GPS)
- Hands on training on the GIS software – ArcGIS 10.4
- Feature extraction and data analysis
- Web map creation and publishing amongst others
- Enhancing the understanding of the principles and applications of GIS and Remote Sensing in different fields of human endeavours.
- Exposing the participants to GIS Data types and accurate data collection techniques.
- Providing in-depth understanding of information extraction from image data.
- Equipping the participants with the knowledge of GIS data management and analysis.
- Exposing the participants to data display and quality outputs generation.
- Provoking the thinking of the participants and stakeholders on the application of geoinformation in solving national problems.
- Updating the skills and knowledge of participants on Information Communication Technology.
The training will be delivered by experienced academia and industry consultants. It will involve lectures, discussions and practical sessions.
This training targets: Decision makers, Environmentalists, Engineers, Planners, Security personnel, Business analysts, Rescue workers, Researchers etc.
Fee per participant (N 30,000) Thirty Thousand Naira only: covers Tea/coffee Break, lunch and conference materials. Kindly make your payments on or before the commencement day of the workshop.
Account name: Covenant University, Ota
Bank: Ecobank A/C No: 0001976813
You may wish to send the list of your participants and the bank payment details for ease of registration.
Click Here to complete the online registration form.
Participants are responsible for their accommodation. Affordable, decent and secured accommodation is available at Covenant University
Guest House and around the premises.
DATE: Monday, November 28–Friday, December 2, 2016.
VENUE: GIS Centre, Department of Civil Engineering Covenant University.
Host: Dr. David O. Olukanni, HOD Civil Engineering Department.
Chief Host: Prof. AAA. Atayero, Vice-Chancellor.
For further information, please contact;
Mr. Adeyemi Gideon, Tel. 08106716431
Mr. Oniemayin Babatunde, Tel.08038392230
Surv. Aderemi Ojo, Tel. 08107293891
Mrs. Daramola Kofoworola, Tel. 08025641980